The Workshop Swap
A CRITIQUE GROUP FOR PICTURE BOOKS TO YA
It’s time to get your feedback out of the Page Swap folder. Go to the folder Right click on your work Download (It should download as a Word document with everyone’s notes and feedback) ALL WORK WILL BE DELETED AT 8PM EST TIME TONIGHT!
Time to check-in! Pop in the folder and log your word count, time spent writing, or both. Remember, writing encompasses more than just words on paper. You’re building a world, so give yourself credit for Reorganizing your story board Discussing your ideas Drawing a map Making a Pinterest board for your story Reading Researching anythingContinue reading “Check-In #1”
About The Workshop Swap
We’re all writers here. And we’re here to support each other.
Writing is hard. We know. We’re doing it too.
Ideas are important. That’s why we protect them with an NDA at sign-up.
It’s important to protect your idea monster, however developed they are. The Non Disclosure Agreement is kept on file to protect authors and their ideas. You cannot join TWS without completing the NDA.
We share an organized Google Drive
This lets us have discussions directly on a person’s work so they can see everyone’s suggestions and decide which works best for their project. Plus, there are multiple folders so you can get help at every stage of the process.
We talk and critique entirely online.
We have a private Slack which lets us talk and share our writing. Slack allows us to create channels so that we can separate ourselves into groups to focus on the skills associated with writing picture books, early readers, middle grade, and young adult.
Send Us a Message
- Check-In #1
Time to check-in! Pop in the folder and log your word count, time spent writing, or both.
Remember, writing encompasses more than just words on paper. You’re building a world, so give yourself credit for
- Reorganizing your story board
- Discussing your ideas
- Drawing a map
- Making a Pinterest board for your story
- Researching anything for WIP
- 2-5 pages only
- Use the comment feature to fill us in on what we need to know or what we should be looking for (see the help doc if you are unsure how to do this)
- If you submit pages, you give feedback.
- If you did not submit pages, you can still give feedback.
- Feedback is due in two weeks.
- The last workshop’s feedback is due tonight.
- Please remove your work from the folder if you upload new work.
- There will be one last call in the Slack channel before I remove work from the folder to keep it clean.
- Open Mic Night
Let’s read what we’ve got so far and support our fellow writers.
- We’ll gather on Google Hangouts
- Each participant will have 3 minutes
- Those who are not reading will turn their videos off
- Whoever is reading will have their video on
When: 5:00 pm EST, Sunday, November 17th, 2019
Where: Google HangOuts
- NaNoWriMo Nightly Write-Ins
Time to get your ideas together. Join us for our nightly online write-ins and word sprints to boost (and hopefully finish) your novel.
- When: 7:00 pm EST, every night in November
- Where: TWS Slack / TWS Cuckoo
Copyright The Workshop Swap – All rights reserved